A great blog for mom shoppers

http://www.mymomshops.com/

My Mom Shops (com) is an absolute bookmark must for any parent or doting relative when it comes to buying kid's clothes. The site is fresh, uncluttered and really easy to navigate with helpful tool bars like 'you might also like'. Honestly it takes the headache out of bargain hunting or tracking that certain something special. Here are some recent posts, enjoy. Be sure to visit the site. JAK BURKE 2012


Looking for a "big" gift for a baby? Check out "The Boss" from Room Service Home. It's a plush dinosaur with 60 balls in his belly...encouraging hours of playtime. Even when he's zipped up, there are other features for baby to play with. It's designed for infants ages 6 months-3 years and costs $129 at Room Service Home.
You might also like:

THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2012

Trend Alert: One-Shouldered Swimwear for Girls

I've noticed a trend this Spring/Summer of one-shouldered swimsuits for girls as young as age four. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. My own daughter turns 9 this summer, and I relieved that she herself started choosing one-pieces over bikinis last summer. You see, I happen to think once a baby or toddler girl passes a certain age (maybe around kindergarten or so?), it becomes too easy for a bikini to look inappropriate (I don't think this applies to baby girls--after all, swim diapers are not "sexy"). But older girls, like my own daughter, are getting too close to the age of puberty. In fact, disarmingly, they're often encouraged to look sexier at this age (remember those infamous padded bikini tops by Abercrombie & Fitch last year? Ugh). And you might also remember the less-than-modest Spring 2012 swimwear that I previewed at last summer's ENK trade show. I give those a thumbs down, big time. Won't catch my daughter in them.

But these one-shouldered numbers...well, I don't know. Some of them are not so revealing...and are at least preferable to skimpy bikinis. What do you think? Here are some of the ones I've seen online recently. Some have more coverage than others. And, of course, a lot depends on your own daughter(s) and how they wear these. I've seen some pretty awful product photos of girls really "working" this look (shudder). Take a look at this one. Scary. 

So what do you think of these?


Labels: